Protecting your personal information is really important to us. We want you to understand what information we gather about you, how we use it, who we disclose it to, and how to correct or change it.
1 – Collection of information
We may collect two types of information about you:
- personal information, which you provide if you create an account with us, choose to submit user generated content, use our “contact us” form on our Website or sign up to receive emails from us; and
- aggregate information, which is generated by our systems which track traffic to the Website and different elements of the Learning and Membership Programs (i.e. your access to our online course, our private online community, our online co-working sessions and our master class events) but does not relate to you personally.
We will only collect personal information that is necessary to provide the Website and Learning Platform and support our business activities. This may include:
- first and last names;
- physical address;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- payment card or account details (we do not collect or hold this information ourselves, this is done by our payment processor);
- content you post or upload to the Website or as part of the Learning and Membership Programs;
- information about content you access on the Website or as part of the Learning and Membership Programs; and
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us through other methods (e.g. customer service interactions) or that is publicly available.
If you do not provide necessary personal information when requested, this may result in certain services or functionality not being available to you.
2 – Use of information
We will never rent or sell your personal information. Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- to send you emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
- to send you alerts in relation to important information about the Website, the Learning and Membership Programs or your account;
- to contact you as part of registration for an account, or to verify your identity;
- email address;
- to monitor, develop and improve the Website and the Learning and Membership Programs and ensure that content of the Website and Learning and Membership Programs is presented in the most effective way;
- to keep the Website and the Learning and Membership Programs relevant and interesting;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the Website, the Learning and Membership Programs or any content featured on them;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to respond to any questions or comments you have sent to us;
- unless you opt out, to send you promotions or information about the Website and the Learning and Membership Programs; and
- any other use that you authorise.
3 – Disclosure of information
We will only share your personal information with other organisations or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples include: providing hosting and web services, sending communications, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and processing card payments. Some of these companies may be located outside of New Zealand. We will ensure that they agree to use personal information only as required to perform their functions (which may include ongoing improvement of their products/services), and not for other purposes. We will also ensure that they agree to process personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Payments on the Website are made through a secure website using a trusted payment services provider who we have contracted with. When you provide us with your card details, and if you instruct us to save your card details for future transactions, we retain only part of those card details, before sending them to our payment services provider using encryption to protect them during transmission. Our payment services provider will then securely store your card details in accordance with its own security protocols, and electronically confirm to us that your details are valid each time you wish to make a transaction. Handling your card details in this manner helps us ensure that they are securely stored at all times and that we do not store your card details after they are transmitted.
- We may need to disclose personal information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- If we consider you are infringing the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, we may disclose relevant information to the relevant authorities, any internet search provider that you use to access the Website, or the applicable rights holders (or their representatives).
4 – Cookies and tracking
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer or other device you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous and is only used to identify visits from the same web browser.
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the Website, including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and pages you came from or go to; and
- enable you to enter the Website and use certain elements of the Learning and Membership Programs without having to log on each time
5 – Links to other sites
The Website and Learning and Membership Programs may contain links to other sites and third party applications, which may not follow the same privacy policies that we adopt. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6 – Analytics
We use software and systems which analyse information about our Website and our Learning and Membership Programs, such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the Website and elements of the Learning and Membership Programs, and common entry and exit points into and from the Website and the Learning and Membership Programs. This information is collected and aggregated so you cannot be identified personally, and no personal information is stored about you.
7 – Opting in and opting out
You have the option to choose not to receive certain types of communications from us. Any emails we send will always contain a link at the bottom enabling you to unsubscribe, or you can contact us at email@example.com If you elect not to receive communications or ask to be removed from a mailing list and you have an account with us, we may still send you communications where necessary to provide you with details of changes to the Learning and Membership Programs.
8 – Changes to our Policy
We may change this policy at any time. If possible (unless a more urgent change is required by law or reasonably required for other reasons) we will notify you via the Website or by email at least 7 days before the updated policy becomes effective. By continuing to use the Website or the Learning and Membership Programs, you agree to be bound by the updated policy so you should check regularly for any changes. If you believe that any changes to our policy have a material adverse impact on you, please contact us to discuss this.
9 – Holding, correcting and updating
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by:
- us at Level 8, 175 Victoria Street, Te Aro, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand; and
Subject to certain grounds for refusal in the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. We will first need evidence from you to confirm that you are the individual the personal information relates to.
If you request a correction, we will make it if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you would like to access, delete or correct your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 – More information
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, please visit: www.privacy.org.nz.